The hand-cut logs and moss-covered stones which house the Twin Owls Steakhouse were laid down by locally renowned home-builder Charles Chapman in 1929. This beautiful rustic structure was one of two originally constructed on the property, the other being the small guest house today known as the Columbine Cabin. Built as a home for the Wayne Stacey family, the cabin remained a single-family home for the next three-and-a-half decades. It was purchased in 1965 by Dr. Curry Meyers, who began to develop the property as the Meyers 3M Guest Ranch. He renovated the interior of the cabin and turned the space into a restaurant; at the advising of his friend Bill Meyers, he also changed the name of the property to the Black Canyon Inn. The restaurant and the surrounding property have passed through many hands in the years since, with the Black Canyon Inn currently under the ownership of Jim Sloan and the Steakhouse in the dedicated care and ownership of Sandra Huerta and Thad Eggen.
Surrounded by the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains, the Twin Owls Steakhouse is Estes Park’s premiere fine dining destination. Located on the grounds of the Black Canyon Inn, we are tucked away just to the north of the rush and bustle of downtown Estes Park. The rough-hewn logs, broad-plank hardwood floors, moss rock fireplaces and the rustic charm of a 90 year-old log cabin are joined with all the amenities of a modern restaurant in each of our three dining rooms.
We have three beautiful rooms within our steakhouse…